The Pros and Cons of Online Dating from a Christian Girls
- A podcast listener named Nathan writes in to ask, Is online Christian dating a good way to meet a future spouse if you dont meet anyone through your church family? The biblical issue here is not how you meet, but whom you marry. Lets just get this clear and then I will circle around to the other part. Along with these benefits, online dating does raise new dangers: a creepa violent one, evenmay be lurking behind the next click; the process over-represents certain features of a person (facial appearance, for starters and it requires an investment. Reasons included living in a small town with few prospects; just moved to a new city and didnt know a lot of people; never having a Christian date despite going to the biggest church in town; all the girlfriends. What does this text mean?
Online Dating Advice: The Christian Perspective
- Marriage in the Lord. Online dating sites are well known for matching guys and girls up according to personality, religion, and preferences, etc. Many believe that this helps narrow down the options and gives you a better chance of relationship success. I have zero problem with that. Online dating sites arent free.
Should Christians Use Online Dating Sites?
- You can make your marriage interest known. Last weeks podcast, Behind the Scenes of Online Dating featured a roundtable crew familiar with online dating from different perspectives. For some, they have dabbled in it on and off; for others it worked (one dating, one married one even co-founded a Christian dating service back in 1999 (that would be our very own Sam Moorcroft. He didnt get necessarily smarterhe got more experienced. Some expected to be dating right away! Get out there and get online instead of waiting (just as you would if you were unemployed sending out resumes and networking).
Is Online Dating for Christians?
- Many believe that this helps narrow down the options and gives a better. Christians can use online dating in ways that express discernment, modesty, and self-control, not only in sexual boundaries, but also in the very process of getting to know another person. Tips for Online Dating. And a Christian marriage is described like this in Ephesians 5:2224: Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. Biblically, the bottom line for the follower of Christ is this: Will you marry only a believer?
5 Tips for Online Dating for Single Christians
- For those considering online dating, I have this advice to help curb some of the risk. Think of it as Stop, wait for the walk sign, look both ways, make eye contact with drivers, listen for the cyber street. Internet dating is currently the most popular alternative way to meet singles. Lets consider the pros and cons. For instance, I'd never recommend that a modern woman do as I did. For 33 years, he served as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota. I asked several guys recently. Said one young man. Guys online will most likely appreciate a girl whos intentional about marriage and whos interested in a guy doing the same. What if you completely jettison the idea of finding your husband or wife via dating, at least for the first five dates? With dating sites becoming the norm, I think we should do ourselves a favor and dig into the topic of online dating (especially as we head into this month typically focused on romantic love). Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. You can make your marriage interest known. Share on Facebook, then, if contact follows, there are great questions to ask. Focus on the Familys, boundless create informative and entertaining podcasts that deal with various topics relevant to Christian singles in their 20s and 30s. The Christian man or woman who wants to marry a follower of Jesus must look for a spouse who has learned what it is to die to self in allegiance to Jesus. It wont take long to learn from Facebook and Twitter and blogs if this man or woman is passionate for Jesus or if Jesus is an incidental mark on the shoulder or a trinket around the neck. If you take notice, if you are intrigued or interested, make a date! In the mid-1990s, when I was seeing the man who became my husband, we talked on landline phones late at night (when rates dropped from 25 cents per minute to 10 cents sent just a handful of e-mails (seemed impersonal. It offers personality, religion, and preference matches. You cant have the attention of multiple dates and still be pursuing a God-honoring relationship with one. The great thing about changing expectations is that it lowers the pressure on grabbing dinner together and figuring out if the two of you even like talking to one another! When searching an online dating site do you limit yourself geographically? 3:5 6) has really become my personal mantra on the issue of dating and relationships: Trust in the lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. My decision is a personal preference, not a line in the sand. Audio Transcript, a podcast listener named Nathan writes in to ask, Is online Christian dating a good way to meet a future spouse if you dont meet anyone through your church family? No longer are you just limited to the tiny pool of people you personally know, but you now have access to people all over the country and sometimes even the world.